LA CROSSE, Wis. - A local organization helping parents in our community could use some help with a side project.
For the last 20 or so years, the Parenting Place has collected extra diapers from families and through other donations. Those diapers are then given to families in a tough circumstance who need some help getting by for a month.
The assistant director says it's used by only a handful of families a month, but it's a great example of people helping people.19103452
"Parents were coming to our playgroups and our parent support groups and classes and maybe their children had outgrown their certain sizes of diapers and they would bring them in and say pass these along to someone else who needs them, my child doesn't need them anymore," said Marilyn Huckenpoehler.
If you'd like to donate some diapers, the Parenting Place is located at 1500 Green Bay Street in La Crosse.
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Federal officials charge 15 with eagle trafficking
- Cool, wet conditions put damper on Minnesota spring planting
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Teacher pleads not guilty to failure to report sex abuse
- Authorities ID man whose body was found in Des Moines River
- Minnesota man accused of trying to kidnap woman
- Local students compete in dairy cook off