LA CROSSE, Wis. - A local organization helping parents in our community could use some help with a side project.
For the last 20 or so years, the Parenting Place has collected extra diapers from families and through other donations. Those diapers are then given to families in a tough circumstance who need some help getting by for a month.
The assistant director says it's used by only a handful of families a month, but it's a great example of people helping people.19103452
"Parents were coming to our playgroups and our parent support groups and classes and maybe their children had outgrown their certain sizes of diapers and they would bring them in and say pass these along to someone else who needs them, my child doesn't need them anymore," said Marilyn Huckenpoehler.
If you'd like to donate some diapers, the Parenting Place is located at 1500 Green Bay Street in La Crosse.
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death
- Stolen passwords used to change some grades, university says
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted