LA CROSSE, WI - Some local kids skipped the bus and walked to school Wednesday morning. It was National Walk to School Day.
The La Crosse School District teamed up with the county's Safe Routes to School program.
Dozens of students heading to Hamilton Elementary joined in. The principal says it's a great way for them to be involved in the community. "It's one of those simple things that we can do to promote healthy living, to promote safe communities, and to kick off the school day well," said Steve Michaels.
Hamilton actually hosts a walk to school every Wednesday.22362418
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.