LA CROSSE, WI - Some local kids skipped the bus and walked to school Wednesday morning. It was National Walk to School Day.
The La Crosse School District teamed up with the county's Safe Routes to School program.
Dozens of students heading to Hamilton Elementary joined in. The principal says it's a great way for them to be involved in the community. "It's one of those simple things that we can do to promote healthy living, to promote safe communities, and to kick off the school day well," said Steve Michaels.
Hamilton actually hosts a walk to school every Wednesday.22362418
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks