LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Saturday was a proud day for local high school seniors.
The La Crosse Center was host to Holman and Logan High School graduations.
Many of the now graduated seniors from Holmen plan to stay in Wisconsin for school, but there are also a number who plan to travel out of state. Holmen's Valedictorian says that although he is excited to move on,. he will miss his fellow classmates. "I'm really proud of our Holmen graduating class," said Sam Heiden, "I really think that we are something special know that's something that we talked about at our senior banquet and something we've talked about with our other speech writers and some teachers, that I really think that our class is special academically and athletically. So I'm proud of them."
The Logan High School ceremony included a performance by a Logan Rangers choir and band. It also included a speech by Senior Konnor Reikowski, who has high hopes for his fellow graduates. "I guess I would just hope that we would be able to change the world you know, not necessarily make the most money but be able to have the biggest positive impact, maybe somebody founds a charity that ends up helping a lot of people," said Reikowski.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks