LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Saturday was a proud day for local high school seniors.
The La Crosse Center was host to Holman and Logan High School graduations.
Many of the now graduated seniors from Holmen plan to stay in Wisconsin for school, but there are also a number who plan to travel out of state. Holmen's Valedictorian says that although he is excited to move on,. he will miss his fellow classmates. "I'm really proud of our Holmen graduating class," said Sam Heiden, "I really think that we are something special know that's something that we talked about at our senior banquet and something we've talked about with our other speech writers and some teachers, that I really think that our class is special academically and athletically. So I'm proud of them."
The Logan High School ceremony included a performance by a Logan Rangers choir and band. It also included a speech by Senior Konnor Reikowski, who has high hopes for his fellow graduates. "I guess I would just hope that we would be able to change the world you know, not necessarily make the most money but be able to have the biggest positive impact, maybe somebody founds a charity that ends up helping a lot of people," said Reikowski.
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Handful of rat virus cases seen in Wisconsin and Illinois
- Pocan compliments Trump before skipping inauguration
- Nebraska, Iowa Guard troops assigned inauguration duties
- E. Iowa man charged in death of woman killed by cannon
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge