LA CROSSE, Wis. - A farmer in La Crosse county wins thousands of dollars to help to local organizations.
Leon Pfaff was selected as the winner in America's Farmers Grow Communities. He met all of the necessary requirements on his Village of Stevenstown farm, including working enough acres and buying enough product.
That earned him $5,000 to help two local non-profits. He picked the Hunger Task Force and the Melrose Mindoro FFA.19425804
Part of the money will be used as a scholarship to help certain people heading to college.
The organization awarding the money is handing out more than five million dollars nationwide.
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls