LA CROSSE, Wis. - A farmer in La Crosse county wins thousands of dollars to help to local organizations.
Leon Pfaff was selected as the winner in America's Farmers Grow Communities. He met all of the necessary requirements on his Village of Stevenstown farm, including working enough acres and buying enough product.
That earned him $5,000 to help two local non-profits. He picked the Hunger Task Force and the Melrose Mindoro FFA.19425804
Part of the money will be used as a scholarship to help certain people heading to college.
The organization awarding the money is handing out more than five million dollars nationwide.
- UPDATE: Two additional suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Monday closings due to weather
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Area youth group helps prepare for fundraiser