LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The La Crosse Area Habitat for Humanity got a big donation Wednesday.
Pischke Motors along with Tim Design donated a truck and graphics to the non-profit.
The donation couldn't have come at a better time as Habitat for Humanity gets ready to kick off summer building projects around the community. "We've been expanding the amount of projects we've been doing. We're working with ReNew and hoping to do 35 different projects with our partners in the month of May. So having this truck that can actually pull the trailer that we have is really beneficial," said Habitat's Executive Dir. Amanda Acklin.
This summer, the non-profit will be working with the ReNew program to help revitalize the Powell-Poage-Hamilton and Washburn Neighborhoods.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners