LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The La Crosse Area Habitat for Humanity got a big donation Wednesday.
Pischke Motors along with Tim Design donated a truck and graphics to the non-profit.
The donation couldn't have come at a better time as Habitat for Humanity gets ready to kick off summer building projects around the community. "We've been expanding the amount of projects we've been doing. We're working with ReNew and hoping to do 35 different projects with our partners in the month of May. So having this truck that can actually pull the trailer that we have is really beneficial," said Habitat's Executive Dir. Amanda Acklin.
This summer, the non-profit will be working with the ReNew program to help revitalize the Powell-Poage-Hamilton and Washburn Neighborhoods.
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Local students compete in dairy cook off
- Cub scouts donate bird nest boxes to La Crosse marsh
- La Crosse Police policies to be assessed in accreditation process
- Excessive use of technology among youth raising concerns