LA CROSSE, Wis (WKBT) - Small businesses looking to access foreign markets received some advice Tuesday.
Representative Ron Kind and the President of the Export- Import Bank of the United States Fred Hochberg toured Inland Label in La Crosse.
The bank can provide some financing when a company is looking to ship overseas. About 15-percent of the sales for the label company are exports.
Hochberg said getting into rapidly growing foreign markets like Mexico and India is key for a business to succeed.
"Our economy is growing, but we'd like it to grow faster, but if you want to grow your business more quickly and put your people to work, you've got to be looking at export markets," said Hochberg.
"We need to be able to level the playing field and find expand our geographic footprint and our global footprint beyond North America," said Inland Labels Vice President of Sales and Marketing Scott May.
Inland Labels employees about 300 people.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviormental excellence
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks