LA CROSSE, Wis (WKBT) - Small businesses looking to access foreign markets received some advice Tuesday.
Representative Ron Kind and the President of the Export- Import Bank of the United States Fred Hochberg toured Inland Label in La Crosse.
The bank can provide some financing when a company is looking to ship overseas. About 15-percent of the sales for the label company are exports.
Hochberg said getting into rapidly growing foreign markets like Mexico and India is key for a business to succeed.
"Our economy is growing, but we'd like it to grow faster, but if you want to grow your business more quickly and put your people to work, you've got to be looking at export markets," said Hochberg.
"We need to be able to level the playing field and find expand our geographic footprint and our global footprint beyond North America," said Inland Labels Vice President of Sales and Marketing Scott May.
Inland Labels employees about 300 people.
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Tomah police asking for help following morning high-speed chase
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Local bar burglarized
- Area youth group helps prepare for fundraiser
- Annual bridal expo prepares for wedding season
- More than a dozen cell towers may go up in La Crosse
- Potential suicide spike in La Crosse County
- UPDATE: Suspect charged in Trempealeau County fatal crash
- Monday closings due to weather