LA CROSSE, Wis. (AP) - Lingering ice could keep some of the Mississippi River's shipping ports closed longer than expected.
On parts of Lake Pepin, there is more than 2 feet of ice making it difficult for barges to pick up or drop off goods.
Some construction companies have had to make other plans for shipping materials to the area.
The thickness of ice in some spots is nearly double the yearly average.
- Viterbo students spend one night homeless
- Warm weather a worry for apple growers
- Organic conference returns to La Crosse
- WSU Baseball drafts 14-year-old for team
- City of La Crosse looks to crowdsource Buzz's Bikes fix
- City planners asking for more input on Highway 53 corridor plan
- Rochester might oust 200 students over vaccine requirements
- Trespass charges for man living in hospital closet
- Preschool teacher, 4-year-old recovering after ‘perfect kidney' transplant
- Dayton blasts Trump's transgender bathroom reversal