LA CROSSE, Wis. (AP) - Lingering ice could keep some of the Mississippi River's shipping ports closed longer than expected.
On parts of Lake Pepin, there is more than 2 feet of ice making it difficult for barges to pick up or drop off goods.
Some construction companies have had to make other plans for shipping materials to the area.
The thickness of ice in some spots is nearly double the yearly average.
- Task force catches more criminals exploiting children online
- Belle Square development moves forward
- Crews begin renovations on La Crosse's Powell Park
- La Crosse officials look for input on proposed 'greenway'
- Wisconsin judge drops power line construction ban
- One week after storms, cleanup continues
- New La Crosse Fire Chief approved by Fire Commission
- ‘Go Red for Women' La Crosse luncheon highlights heart disease among women
- La Crosse city departments host ‘City Open House' for residents
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash