LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - There's a huge effort to feed the hungry in our nation coming up this weekend and your help is needed.
On Saturday, the non-perishable food you leave at your mailbox will be picked up by your letter carrier as part of the annual "National Association of Letter Carriers Stamp Out Hunger Food Drive."
The Food Drive is happening across the U.S. and the food you donate stays in your community at a time of year when it's especially needed.
"We're looking at the end of school coming up, so we've got kids that are going to be home from school needing meals at home, so parents are going to struggle a little more," said Shelly Fortner, executive director of the Hunger Task Force.
You can also serve as a volunteer to help. For information on volunteering in the La Crosse area, visit the Great Rivers United Way's website or call the La Crosse Postal Credit Union at (608) 784-2499.
- New safety measures on the way to Norplex Drive after recent creek death
- Rep. Walz mulling Democratic bid for Minnesota governor
- Gundersen program helps mothers, parents with drug addictions
- La Crosse rally supports transgender youth
- Wisconsin attorney general appeals redistricting ruling
- Officers go 'wild' in support of Special Olympics
- Family Fest returns to La Crosse Center this weekend
- Vikings' stadium board at full strength after resignations
- Storm misses Birkie course, race canceled
- Judges express skepticism over claims in voting cases