LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - There's a huge effort to feed the hungry in our nation coming up this weekend and your help is needed.
On Saturday, the non-perishable food you leave at your mailbox will be picked up by your letter carrier as part of the annual "National Association of Letter Carriers Stamp Out Hunger Food Drive."
The Food Drive is happening across the U.S. and the food you donate stays in your community at a time of year when it's especially needed.
"We're looking at the end of school coming up, so we've got kids that are going to be home from school needing meals at home, so parents are going to struggle a little more," said Shelly Fortner, executive director of the Hunger Task Force.
You can also serve as a volunteer to help. For information on volunteering in the La Crosse area, visit the Great Rivers United Way's website or call the La Crosse Postal Credit Union at (608) 784-2499.
- Man being deported after transit officer asked about status
- Thousands traveling on Memorial Day weekend
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- Wet weather delays crop planting
- Proposed bill aims to bring veterans into agriculture
- Wisconsin 2016 job gain smallest in 6 years
- Small school graduates four sets of twins
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 27, 2017
- Local Radio Shack closing permanently
- 3 Rivers Nutrition hosts beach fitness camp