LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - There's a huge effort to feed the hungry in our nation coming up this weekend and your help is needed.
On Saturday, the non-perishable food you leave at your mailbox will be picked up by your letter carrier as part of the annual "National Association of Letter Carriers Stamp Out Hunger Food Drive."
The Food Drive is happening across the U.S. and the food you donate stays in your community at a time of year when it's especially needed.
"We're looking at the end of school coming up, so we've got kids that are going to be home from school needing meals at home, so parents are going to struggle a little more," said Shelly Fortner, executive director of the Hunger Task Force.
You can also serve as a volunteer to help. For information on volunteering in the La Crosse area, visit the Great Rivers United Way's website or call the La Crosse Postal Credit Union at (608) 784-2499.
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Tomah police asking for help following morning high-speed chase
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Local bar burglarized
- Area youth group helps prepare for fundraiser
- Annual bridal expo prepares for wedding season
- More than a dozen cell towers may go up in La Crosse
- Potential suicide spike in La Crosse County
- UPDATE: Suspect charged in Trempealeau County fatal crash
- Area billion dollar company plans for joint venture