LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - If part of your routine includes turning your car on to warm it up, be sure to stick around it.
There's a $114 fine if keys are inside an unattended car that's running.
This only applies to vehicles that are on the street or in other public places.
Police say the ordinance was created to protect people. "Somebody would come past looking for an easy ride home, they'd jump in the car and take it, so this ordinance was created some time ago to address those issues that were happening," said La Crosse Police Sgt. Randy Rank.
Using a remote starter is okay as long as your keys are not in the car.23444456
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016