LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - If part of your routine includes turning your car on to warm it up, be sure to stick around it.
There's a $114 fine if keys are inside an unattended car that's running.
This only applies to vehicles that are on the street or in other public places.
Police say the ordinance was created to protect people. "Somebody would come past looking for an easy ride home, they'd jump in the car and take it, so this ordinance was created some time ago to address those issues that were happening," said La Crosse Police Sgt. Randy Rank.
Using a remote starter is okay as long as your keys are not in the car.23444456
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviormental excellence
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game