LA CROSSE, Wis. - Myrick Hixon EcoPark Executive Director Jeff Su is leaving his position in La Crosse for a job at an environmental education organization in Colorado.
He will become the executive director of the Plains Conservation Center in Aurora, Colorado, an outdoor education facility and state-designed natural area with more than 10,000 acres. Su led the EcoPark through the development of its 2010 master plan.
On December 10, the EcoPark's current assistant director Jean Chromey will take over for Su. Chromey joined the EcoPark in 2012 after gaining experience in non-profit operational and financial management, project supervision and marketing.
Su will continue to volunteer for the EcoPark serving as an advisor through the upcoming capital campaign. The EcoPark will continue to implement its master plan, centered on construction of four playscapes: Forest Scramble, Wild Water, Prairie Mystery and Farm Play.
- Wisconsin man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- GOP bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Hate crime lawsuit settled in northern Iowa
- Milwaukee Bucks settle lawsuit over cheerleader pay
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff