LA CROSSE, Wis. - Myrick Hixon EcoPark Executive Director Jeff Su is leaving his position in La Crosse for a job at an environmental education organization in Colorado.
He will become the executive director of the Plains Conservation Center in Aurora, Colorado, an outdoor education facility and state-designed natural area with more than 10,000 acres. Su led the EcoPark through the development of its 2010 master plan.
On December 10, the EcoPark's current assistant director Jean Chromey will take over for Su. Chromey joined the EcoPark in 2012 after gaining experience in non-profit operational and financial management, project supervision and marketing.
Su will continue to volunteer for the EcoPark serving as an advisor through the upcoming capital campaign. The EcoPark will continue to implement its master plan, centered on construction of four playscapes: Forest Scramble, Wild Water, Prairie Mystery and Farm Play.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- Injured Packers Nelson, Adams could be game-time decisions
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial