LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - An African delegation is touring La Crosse to learn about business, government, and healthcare.
City and religious leaders from our sister city Kumbo, Republic of Cameroon will be in our area for the next nine days.
Tuesday morning they visited Gundersen Health System. The visit was organized by the city's International Committee.
A member of Kumbo's government is hoping to exchange wisdom with La Crosse leaders.
"Where the two councils can strengthen their cooperation, social, economic and cultural, those are some of the domains where we have to prosper and see how they can strengthen their cooperation," said Nzeki Theophile, part of the Kumbo Delegation.
The delegation is expecting some La Crosse people to visit their city in December during one of their largest cultural celebrations.
- Proposed bill aims to bring veterans into agriculture
- Small school graduates four sets of twins
- La Crosse Loggers host open house at newly renovated Lumberyard
- Onalaska removing brick crosswalks on Highway 35
- La Crosse Central holds 95th Memorial Day ceremony
- La Crosse school officials prepare for Summer Food Service Program
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 26, 2017
- 10 inmates escape from Minnesota prison; 1 still on the lam
- Wisconsin Corrections Department closes internal unit
- State delays release of comments on Walker's Medicaid plans