LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - An African delegation is touring La Crosse to learn about business, government, and healthcare.
City and religious leaders from our sister city Kumbo, Republic of Cameroon will be in our area for the next nine days.
Tuesday morning they visited Gundersen Health System. The visit was organized by the city's International Committee.
A member of Kumbo's government is hoping to exchange wisdom with La Crosse leaders.
"Where the two councils can strengthen their cooperation, social, economic and cultural, those are some of the domains where we have to prosper and see how they can strengthen their cooperation," said Nzeki Theophile, part of the Kumbo Delegation.
The delegation is expecting some La Crosse people to visit their city in December during one of their largest cultural celebrations.
- Area hotel damaged after bizarre car crash
- Donor recipients, family meet for first time in Onalaska
- Sunday liquor sales ban on Minnesota House's chopping block
- Viroqua chef nominated for highest honor in restaurant industry
- State to contribute $5 million to La Crosse Center renovations
- La Crosse Fire Department investigating two early morning fires
- Police searching for man who robbed Holy Smokes at gun point
- Warmer than average temperatures benefit area businesses, ski tournaments
- Kayaker found in river near Winona identified
- Democrat Kind not ruling out run for governor against Walker