LA CROSSE, Wis. - An investigation is underway into a late night fire at the Bluffview Apartments at 3715 Mormon Coulee Road in La Crosse.
The La Crosse Fire Department says it responded to a call about a possible fire at around 9:15 Thursday night.
Crews found smoke in the first and second floor of the apartment, and activated the fire alarm to alert residents.
Firefighters used a thermal imaging camera to locate the fire, which was inside a wall in the first floor hallway. They opened up the wall with axes, and put the fire out.
There is minor fire and smoke damage to the area, but no water damage.
No injuries are reported.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest