WEST SALEM, Wis. (WKBT) - Lakeview Health Center is preparing to move in to a brand-new campus in West Salem.
The health center held an open house for its new group of buildings on Monday. The new campus will completely replace the old building, which was built in the 1970s as an institutional facility.
As treatment for mental illness changed over the years, so did Lakeview's building needs.
Administrator Wanda Plachecki says the new facility better fits the style of care they now provide.
"We provide what's called 'person-centered care' in a household model," said Plachecki. "It's hard to do that when you're walking down a long hallway and have people milling around in large environments that really aren't like home."
Residents at Lakeview will begin moving into the new facility next week.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death