WEST SALEM, Wis. (WKBT) - Lakeview Health Center is preparing to move in to a brand-new campus in West Salem.
The health center held an open house for its new group of buildings on Monday. The new campus will completely replace the old building, which was built in the 1970s as an institutional facility.
As treatment for mental illness changed over the years, so did Lakeview's building needs.
Administrator Wanda Plachecki says the new facility better fits the style of care they now provide.
"We provide what's called 'person-centered care' in a household model," said Plachecki. "It's hard to do that when you're walking down a long hallway and have people milling around in large environments that really aren't like home."
Residents at Lakeview will begin moving into the new facility next week.
- Wisconsin state schools superintendent field to be narrowed
- Report: State trooper faces child porn charges
- ‘Can we just go to jail?' suspected drunken driver asks police
- Bridge in Buffalo County collapses, causes car crash
- 3 children, semi driver injured in crash
- Wisconsin transportation officials to discuss audit
- LIVE Decorah Eagle Cam
- Green Bay's mayor survives removal petition
- State lawmakers fear backlash from giving themselves a raise
- Minnesota churches prepare to house immigrants