HOLMEN, Wis. - Holmen Locker and Meat Market is voluntarily recalling hundreds of pounds of beef because of a problem with the labeling.
The recall includes 380 pounds of teriyaki cured and smoked beef. It contains wheat that is not listed on the label.
Wheat may cause a serious reaction in people with an allergy to it, although no illnesses have been reported.
The company that makes the soy sauce powdered seasoning changed their ingredients and didn't let Holmen Locker and Meat Market know. As soon as the store was made aware they immediately pulled the product.
Changes are being made to the label and it should be back on the shelves by the end of the week. Customers who purchased the product can return it for a full refund.
The teriyaki cured and smoked beef has a packed-on date of 4-10-13 through 4-26-13. It has the Wisconsin mark of inspection that says est 83. It was sold only at the company's retail store in Holmen.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads