HOLMEN, Wis. - Holmen Locker and Meat Market is voluntarily recalling hundreds of pounds of beef because of a problem with the labeling.
The recall includes 380 pounds of teriyaki cured and smoked beef. It contains wheat that is not listed on the label.
Wheat may cause a serious reaction in people with an allergy to it, although no illnesses have been reported.
The company that makes the soy sauce powdered seasoning changed their ingredients and didn't let Holmen Locker and Meat Market know. As soon as the store was made aware they immediately pulled the product.
Changes are being made to the label and it should be back on the shelves by the end of the week. Customers who purchased the product can return it for a full refund.
The teriyaki cured and smoked beef has a packed-on date of 4-10-13 through 4-26-13. It has the Wisconsin mark of inspection that says est 83. It was sold only at the company's retail store in Holmen.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US