LA CROSSE, Wis.-- A democratic candidate for governor made a stop in La Crosse Friday.
Secretary of State Doug La Follette joined a reception at the downtown public library.
He used the time to attack what he calls Governor Scott Walker's right wing agenda that moves away from the Wisconsin idea. La Follette also focused on job growth, especially using the state's technical colleges.
He says it's just one part of getting Wisconsin back on track. "I'm saying that we have to get Wisconsin working again, whether it's infrastructure repairs, education investments, improving health care, respecting teachers, respecting education, those are the things I'm talking about, and I've had a good time here in La Crosse talking to people about those," said La Follette.
Other democratic candidates for Governor in the recall election include Kathleen Falk, Tom Barrett, and Kathleen Vinehout.
The primary election is May 8th.
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged Dec. 22 shooting
- Wisconsin student wants sex charges dismissed
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death
- Stolen passwords used to change some grades, university says
- Search resumes for girl missing in western Iowa river
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run