LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - Less than four months after a fire, a historic downtown sign shines again.
The Hollywood Theater Marquee lit up again Monday evening.
In August, an electrical fire damaged the sign and pushed back the theater's re-opening.
They've had to do a little work to get the bright sign back on. "They had to replace the ballast and all the lights in the upper marquee and the lower marquee is still not up and running because of the fire, we're going to have to replace that with new led lighting, but hopefully it will be up and running by the end of the year," said owner Phil Addis.
Addis wanted to get the marquee on Monday for his daughter's 7th birthday.
Inside the building, the asbestos has been abated, the walls are primed for paint, and some of the seating has been ordered.
The opening has been pushed back to March or April.23406052
- Dayton plots big budget with public health insurance option
- A woman was arrested in Black Hills after abducting her kids
- Wisconsin manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Walker to deliver budget address on Feb. 8
- Community Closings & Delays due to approaching storm
- End of TPP leaves farmers and business leaders concerned
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Education tax credit causes stir at Minnesota Legislature
- Wisconsin Democrats: County websites were hacked