LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - Less than four months after a fire, a historic downtown sign shines again.
The Hollywood Theater Marquee lit up again Monday evening.
In August, an electrical fire damaged the sign and pushed back the theater's re-opening.
They've had to do a little work to get the bright sign back on. "They had to replace the ballast and all the lights in the upper marquee and the lower marquee is still not up and running because of the fire, we're going to have to replace that with new led lighting, but hopefully it will be up and running by the end of the year," said owner Phil Addis.
Addis wanted to get the marquee on Monday for his daughter's 7th birthday.
Inside the building, the asbestos has been abated, the walls are primed for paint, and some of the seating has been ordered.
The opening has been pushed back to March or April.23406052
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse