LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The La Crosse YMCA is encouraging its members to take on an Ironman Triathlon.
Participants spread out the distance over the month of February. It's an annual Indoor Ironman Challenge.
Over the 28 days, participants will swim 2.4 miles, bike 112 miles, and run a marathon.
So far, about 250 people have signed up. "Members are just talking about it, are you trying to get your miles in, how far have you got, how many more miles do you have to go? It's definitely a camaraderie and a relationship builder," said the Y's Wellness Dir. Lee Walraven.
"It's just a great way to stay active, it gives you something to get up and get out of the house and get some blood flowing through your body," said return participant Steven Torres.
There's a small fee to participate and for every event you complete, you're entered into a prize drawing.24230052
- Spike in attempted suicides at La Crosse's Juvenile Detention Facility prompts changes
- Teen dies in Vernon County hunting accident
- Police and Fire Commission to vote on new Fire Chief Wednesday
- Walker defends property tax cut, issues veto threat
- Road for UWL ends at NCAA III Midwest Regional title game
- News 8 Sports Round Up - May 22, 2017
- Downtown businesses ask for changes to weekend street parking rules
- WisCorps launching new Inclusive Crew
- Lane closures coming to I-90 on Dresbach Bridge
- ‘Click It or Ticket' regional campaign begins in Minnesota