LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The La Crosse YMCA is encouraging its members to take on an Ironman Triathlon.
Participants spread out the distance over the month of February. It's an annual Indoor Ironman Challenge.
Over the 28 days, participants will swim 2.4 miles, bike 112 miles, and run a marathon.
So far, about 250 people have signed up. "Members are just talking about it, are you trying to get your miles in, how far have you got, how many more miles do you have to go? It's definitely a camaraderie and a relationship builder," said the Y's Wellness Dir. Lee Walraven.
"It's just a great way to stay active, it gives you something to get up and get out of the house and get some blood flowing through your body," said return participant Steven Torres.
There's a small fee to participate and for every event you complete, you're entered into a prize drawing.24230052
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota