LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The La Crosse YMCA is encouraging its members to take on an Ironman Triathlon.
Participants spread out the distance over the month of February. It's an annual Indoor Ironman Challenge.
Over the 28 days, participants will swim 2.4 miles, bike 112 miles, and run a marathon.
So far, about 250 people have signed up. "Members are just talking about it, are you trying to get your miles in, how far have you got, how many more miles do you have to go? It's definitely a camaraderie and a relationship builder," said the Y's Wellness Dir. Lee Walraven.
"It's just a great way to stay active, it gives you something to get up and get out of the house and get some blood flowing through your body," said return participant Steven Torres.
There's a small fee to participate and for every event you complete, you're entered into a prize drawing.24230052
- New safety measures on the way to Norplex Drive after recent creek death
- Rep. Walz mulling Democratic bid for Minnesota governor
- Gundersen program helps mothers, parents with drug addictions
- La Crosse rally supports transgender youth
- Wisconsin attorney general appeals redistricting ruling
- Officers go 'wild' in support of Special Olympics
- Family Fest returns to La Crosse Center this weekend
- Vikings' stadium board at full strength after resignations
- Storm misses Birkie course, race canceled
- Judges express skepticism over claims in voting cases