LA CROSSE, Wis. - La Crosse's Yard Waste and Brush site is finally scheduled to open after the long winter delayed it.
Starting Monday, La Crosse residents can bring unwanted yard waste to the site on Isle la Plume. It's opening about two weeks later than last year.
The waste is either recycled or broken down for Xcel to burn for power, but only certain things will be accepted. "Grass clippings, leaves, and garden plants, what we accept at the brush site is branches and limbs no larger than 8 inches in diameter," said Recycling Coordinator Brandon Shea.
The site opens at 11:00 a.m. everyday and stays open until 7:00 p.m. on weekdays and 4:00 p.m. on weekends. There's no cost to drop waste off.
Curbside pickup will also start next week. You can put yard waste and brush out on the same day as your recycling.
- Wisconsin at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Student stabbed at Kenosha high school
- Bridge project in southeast Minnesota on schedule, budget
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Minnesota couple accused of sexually assaulting teenage girl
- Report: Saints, running back Peterson agree on contract
- Federal officials charge 15 with eagle trafficking
- No injuries at early morning house fire in Onalaska