LA CROSSE, Wis. (AP) - A La Crosse woman now faces a felony charge in the death of an aged basset hound owned by her ex-boyfriend.
Selina Boulton was charged in December with two misdemeanors but prosecutors elevated the charges on Friday.
According to the Associated Press, the 32-year-old is now charged with mistreatment of animals, a felony, and disorderly conduct. Her preliminary hearing will be Aug. 15.
Police reports say officers found 13-year-old Jixer dead Nov. 14, its choke collar cinched tightly to its neck and a frying pan nearby.
An autopsy determined Jixer died of asphyxiation/respiratory
- Proposed bill aims to bring veterans into agriculture
- Wisconsin Corrections Department closes internal unit
- Walker administration renews self-insurance push
- 10 inmates escape from Minnesota prison; 1 still on the lam
- La Crosse Police urge boaters to be safe over weekend
- De Soto student in custody for school threat
- Man convicted of killing Wisconsin woman buried in basement
- State delays release of comments on Walker's Medicaid plans
- Judge dismisses lawsuit from teacher body-slammed by student
- Jury convicts man in St. Paul workplace shooting of ex-wife