LA CROSSE, Wis. (AP) - A La Crosse woman now faces a felony charge in the death of an aged basset hound owned by her ex-boyfriend.
Selina Boulton was charged in December with two misdemeanors but prosecutors elevated the charges on Friday.
According to the Associated Press, the 32-year-old is now charged with mistreatment of animals, a felony, and disorderly conduct. Her preliminary hearing will be Aug. 15.
Police reports say officers found 13-year-old Jixer dead Nov. 14, its choke collar cinched tightly to its neck and a frying pan nearby.
An autopsy determined Jixer died of asphyxiation/respiratory
- Viterbo celebrates one year of 'Service Saturdays'
- New safety measures on the way to Norplex Drive after recent creek death
- Rep. Walz mulling Democratic bid for Minnesota governor
- Gundersen program helps mothers, parents with drug addictions
- Wisconsin attorney general appeals redistricting ruling
- News 8 Highlight Zone - February 25, 2017
- Area church making capes for kids in pediatric ward
- VITA program helping people file their taxes
- La Crosse Children's Museum celebrates 18 years
- Lawmakers push bill to address dropped rural cellphone calls