LA CROSSE, Wis. (AP) - A La Crosse woman now faces a felony charge in the death of an aged basset hound owned by her ex-boyfriend.
Selina Boulton was charged in December with two misdemeanors but prosecutors elevated the charges on Friday.
According to the Associated Press, the 32-year-old is now charged with mistreatment of animals, a felony, and disorderly conduct. Her preliminary hearing will be Aug. 15.
Police reports say officers found 13-year-old Jixer dead Nov. 14, its choke collar cinched tightly to its neck and a frying pan nearby.
An autopsy determined Jixer died of asphyxiation/respiratory
- Wisconsin Democrats hoping to make points with Trump guests
- Accused driver talks about crash that killed couple
- Holmen teen facing attempted homicide charge following stabbing
- La Crosse Police Department sees increase in applicants
- Committee to hold hearing on youth prison bill
- Fatal shooting by deputy in Lincoln County investigated
- Trial set for Iowa mother whose baby died on changing table
- News 8 Sports Round Up - February 27, 2017
- Northside McDonald's temporarily closes due to relocation
- Previous mild winters help this year's snow budget