VERNON COUNTY, Wis. - A 26-year-old woman faces criminal damage to property charges for driving her vehicle on farm fields, according to the Vernon County Sheriff's Office.
Authorities said Katie Karper, of La Crosse, caused $2,000 in damage to two farm fields that have differnt owners.
The first incident was reported on May 2, 2013, and happened near County Road V in Mt. Tabor. The second incident happened on June 22, 2013 near Norwegian Hollow Road in Ontario.
The Vernon County Sheriff's Office said Karper was not arrested. She was located, identified and the Office will recommend criminal damage to property charges to the Vernon County District Attorney's Office.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017