VERNON COUNTY, Wis. - A 26-year-old woman faces criminal damage to property charges for driving her vehicle on farm fields, according to the Vernon County Sheriff's Office.
Authorities said Katie Karper, of La Crosse, caused $2,000 in damage to two farm fields that have differnt owners.
The first incident was reported on May 2, 2013, and happened near County Road V in Mt. Tabor. The second incident happened on June 22, 2013 near Norwegian Hollow Road in Ontario.
The Vernon County Sheriff's Office said Karper was not arrested. She was located, identified and the Office will recommend criminal damage to property charges to the Vernon County District Attorney's Office.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Icy weather brings danger
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse