LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - An area warming shelter is reaching out to the community to help soildify it's future.
The La Crosse Warming Shelter is holding a fish fry benefit Friday night at the New Villa on Ward Avenue in La Crosse.
The benefit dinner raises money for a new location for the shelter to house more guests during the winter.
Because of an increased number of people needing a place during the cold months, organizers say a larger space is long overdue. "Our hope is to have a larger location, more space, we'd like to have washers and dryers and showers for guests," said warming shelter director Mary Fitzpatrick.
The fish fry runs from 4:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Friday, March 7th at New Villa on Ward Avenue in La Crosse.
Dinner options range from $11 to $15.
- News 8 Investigates - Watching the Watchers
- Winter thaw reveals needles in streets
- Driver identified in bizarre car crash Sunday
- Man puts meth in tip jar and cash
- Warm weather creates dangerous ice conditions
- Wisconsin Primaries includes one La Crosse district, State Superintendent
- Woman found guilty of killing bicyclist while texting
- Candle caused fatal Madison condo fire; victim identified
- Walker asks public for help selling his budget
- 90 cans of baby formula stolen from Walmart