LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A group of teachers in La Crosse is joining a nationwide demonstration in support of public schools.
Members of the La Crosse Education Association staged a 'walk-in' before school Thursday.
They were part of more than 100,000 people in 200 cities to protest what they say is the privatization of education.
Teachers in La Crosse say they were also hoping to draw attention to the importance of public schools and all the work public school teachers do in and out of the classroom.
- Copyright 2016 by WKBT News8000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- On Your Side - Guide to Buying Glasses Online
- VIDEO: Area couples prepare for wedding season
- VIDEO: De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- VIDEO: Local event helps connect military families
- VIDEO: Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests