LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A group of teachers in La Crosse is joining a nationwide demonstration in support of public schools.
Members of the La Crosse Education Association staged a 'walk-in' before school Thursday.
They were part of more than 100,000 people in 200 cities to protest what they say is the privatization of education.
Teachers in La Crosse say they were also hoping to draw attention to the importance of public schools and all the work public school teachers do in and out of the classroom.
- Taking one for the city: La Crosse boy cleans up skate park
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Onalaska High School students plan 5K for good cause
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building