ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - The La Crosse Symphony Orchestra is pulling out of the annual Salute to the Fourth celebration this year because of a lack of funding.
It will be the first time in 15 years the orchestra won't play a pops concert.
The orchestra's executive director says it takes $40,000 to put on the show at the Onalaska soccer fields, and it's all funded by donations.
They would re-consider if new funding comes through.
Festival Foods puts on the Salute to the Fourth. They say they're looking for alternative options to keep the event going.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners