LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - With Valentine's Day just a week away, one area candy shop is more than ready for the holiday rush.
The Sweet Shop on La Crosse's north side says the week before Valentine's Day is one of its busiest times all year for the shop.
Workers have been making hundreds of pounds of all different kinds of candy to get ready for the holiday.
The manager of the candy shop says prepping for the big day started more than a month ago. "We do things like they used to back in the turn of the century. So each batch is like a whole days work. We do about 120 types of chocolate and what not. So from start to finish it takes us probably from Christmas, the time Christmas gets over, the first of the year to up until Valentines Day to have a good selection," said the Sweet Shop Manager Chad Johnson.
Employees at the Sweet Shop don't just hand make all of their treats, they also hand package them in all different shapes and sizes.
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls