LA CROSSE, Wis. - Some elementary students in La Crosse are learning the importance of agriculture for Wisconsin's economy.
Fourth graders at North Woods International School participated in an interactive presentation from the Wisconsin Dairy Council.
The message related nutrition facts to foods produced in the state, and emphasized the importance of supporting our local farmers.
The presentation tied in with the unit the fourth graders are working on right now, "Everything Wisconsin." "We want them to know the importance of the agricultural industry in our state, the importance of the dairy industry, and also the importance of eating a healthy diet with foods that are grown locally," said the director of the Wisconsin Dairy Council Laura Wilford.
The students were given a handout so they could share the lesson with their parents.19780284
- Taking one for the city: La Crosse boy cleans up skate park
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Onalaska High School students plan 5K for good cause
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building