LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Dozens of entrepreneurs and small business owners in our area spent Thursday morning learning about opportunities and resources available to them.
The La Crosse Small Business Academy focuses on connecting these people with the resources, tools and providers they may need to start and grow their businesses. The free academy also offers roundtable discussions for entrepreneurs and business owners to learn and discuss every aspect of starting and growing a business.
Each roundtable discussion is led by an expert in a specific area of business.
"There's a real energy and drive around small business right now. Anytime a business starts they employ themselves and hopefully employ others over time so it just really helps to grow it and drive the economy here in the region and beyond," said Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation Regional Economic Development Director Jenny Kuderer.
The free event is sponsored by the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation and the UW-La Crosse Small Business Development Center.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.