LA CROSSE, WI - It's a first for the La Crosse School District in nearly two decades. The student population has gone up.
71 more students are attending La Crosse Schools this year than last.
Part of the increase is credited to more students coming to La Crosse through open enrollment.
The school's superintendent hopes this becomes a regular happening. "Assuming that we can have this be somewhat of a trend, it does allow us to bring in more state aid for the students, and that in turn has a positive impact on our taxpayers," said Superintendent Randy Nelson.
Nearly 6,800 students attend La Crosse Schools.22326254
- Copyright 2016 by WKBT News8000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- On Your Side - Guide to Buying Glasses Online
- VIDEO: Area couples prepare for wedding season
- VIDEO: De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- VIDEO: Local event helps connect military families
- VIDEO: Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests