LA CROSSE, WI - It's a first for the La Crosse School District in nearly two decades. The student population has gone up.
71 more students are attending La Crosse Schools this year than last.
Part of the increase is credited to more students coming to La Crosse through open enrollment.
The school's superintendent hopes this becomes a regular happening. "Assuming that we can have this be somewhat of a trend, it does allow us to bring in more state aid for the students, and that in turn has a positive impact on our taxpayers," said Superintendent Randy Nelson.
Nearly 6,800 students attend La Crosse Schools.22326254
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- CSAs connecting fresh produce to consumers
- La Crosse 12-year-old to clean up skate park with community help
- Thousands honored in La Crosse for volunteering
- Mom who made kids sleep in feces-covered room gets probation