LA CROSSE, WI - About 1,0000 La Crosse School District staff members gathered at Central High School Thursday for the annual opening day celebration.
Superintendent Randy Nelson greeted everyone at the door. That was followed by a presentation that included News 8's Jennifer Livingston and Bill Graul.
Then, the Central Marching Band marched everyone into a new school year. "It's an exciting day and its an opportunity for us to come together, remind ourselves what we do and to be able to greet one another and get ourselves fired up for a new school year," said Nelson.21714280
The first day of school for students is next Tuesday.
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser
- Parents accused of starving teen daughter plead not guilty
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore