LA CROSSE, WI - About 1,0000 La Crosse School District staff members gathered at Central High School Thursday for the annual opening day celebration.
Superintendent Randy Nelson greeted everyone at the door. That was followed by a presentation that included News 8's Jennifer Livingston and Bill Graul.
Then, the Central Marching Band marched everyone into a new school year. "It's an exciting day and its an opportunity for us to come together, remind ourselves what we do and to be able to greet one another and get ourselves fired up for a new school year," said Nelson.21714280
The first day of school for students is next Tuesday.
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Mom who made kids sleep in feces-covered room gets probation
- Democrats announce new gun safety coalition
- Bill would eliminate last of Wisconsin's prevailing wage
- First Battalion aviation unit deploys to Middle East
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance