LA CROSSE, WI - Construction on La Crosse's new Northside elementary school won't be complete until next school year. In the meantime, La Crosse School District officials will be looking for help in naming the school.
The new building will combine students and staff from Franklin, Roosevelt and Coulee Montessori elementary schools.
The school board voted to call the project "Northside Elementary," but never decided on a formal name for the school.
The district's superintendent says input from community members, staff, and even students is important. "It's a community school, and everyone in our community has an impact and will be contributing to that school so it's going to be very important that it reflect our community basis," said Superintendent Randy Nelson.
Nelson says the process for gathering community input will be finalized in the next couple of weeks.
The suggestions gathered will be presented to the school board in a couple of months.21994056
- Washout impacting Highway 82 bridge traffic
- Area veterans visit cemeteries, honor fallen heroes
- Riverside Memorial Day ceremony honors sea-based service members
- Service members honored at La Crosse's Memorial Day ceremony
- La Crosse celebrates Memorial Day with annual parade
- 4 killed, 5 injured in minivan-pickup crash in NW Wisconsin
- Two people rescued from Onalaska Spillway
- Milwaukee man accused of killing wife, injuring their son
- Authorities: Girl hurt in 60-foot fall at Iowa state park
- C-FC senior has second chance at state gold