LA CROSSE, WI - Construction on La Crosse's new Northside elementary school won't be complete until next school year. In the meantime, La Crosse School District officials will be looking for help in naming the school.
The new building will combine students and staff from Franklin, Roosevelt and Coulee Montessori elementary schools.
The school board voted to call the project "Northside Elementary," but never decided on a formal name for the school.
The district's superintendent says input from community members, staff, and even students is important. "It's a community school, and everyone in our community has an impact and will be contributing to that school so it's going to be very important that it reflect our community basis," said Superintendent Randy Nelson.
Nelson says the process for gathering community input will be finalized in the next couple of weeks.
The suggestions gathered will be presented to the school board in a couple of months.21994056
- UPDATE: Two additional suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Monday closings due to weather
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion