LA CROSSE, WI - Barely a month into construction, the La Crosse School district updates the community on the progress of the Northside Elementary School.
Some walls are already going up for the 14.5 million dollar building.
The district joined builders Tuesday night to talk about the progress and answer any questions or concerns.
A district official says the school plans to hold these every couple of months to make sure they are being good neighbors. "When we talk to the neighbors, if there's something that can be done that we have the plans, we have their set, the specs are done, it's never too late to make minor adjustments to maybe fit into the neighborhood a little bit better," said the district's Buildings and Grounds Supervisor Joe Ledvina.
The school is slated to be ready for the 2014-15 school year.22345568
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration