LA CROSSE, WI - Barely a month into construction, the La Crosse School district updates the community on the progress of the Northside Elementary School.
Some walls are already going up for the 14.5 million dollar building.
The district joined builders Tuesday night to talk about the progress and answer any questions or concerns.
A district official says the school plans to hold these every couple of months to make sure they are being good neighbors. "When we talk to the neighbors, if there's something that can be done that we have the plans, we have their set, the specs are done, it's never too late to make minor adjustments to maybe fit into the neighborhood a little bit better," said the district's Buildings and Grounds Supervisor Joe Ledvina.
The school is slated to be ready for the 2014-15 school year.22345568
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Mom who made kids sleep in feces-covered room gets probation
- Democrats announce new gun safety coalition
- Bill would eliminate last of Wisconsin's prevailing wage
- First Battalion aviation unit deploys to Middle East