LA CROSSE, Wis. - The Central High School marching band helped La Crosse School District employees celebrate the start of the school year.
The opening day celebration has become a tradition in the district. It includes musical performances, a welcome from the superintendent, and a recognition of 25 year staff.16437516
The theme of this year's event was "Dreams." "We've been working on how do we maintain even in the most difficult of times in education today, how do we maintain a strong focus on the future and what we need to be doing and where we need to be going, and so we really focused on the dreams of kids today and what they want to be and where they want to go," said Superintendent Randy Nelson.
School starts next Tuesday for students in the La Crosse District.
- Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton says he will finish his term despite being diagnosed with prostate cancer
- A woman was arrested in Black Hills after abducting her kids
- Wisconsin manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Community Closings & Delays due to approaching storm
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Wisconsin Democrats: County websites were hacked
- Bipartisan proposal would eliminate publishing minutes
- House committee approves bill that would charge protesters
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups