LA CROSSE, Wis. - The Central High School marching band helped La Crosse School District employees celebrate the start of the school year.
The opening day celebration has become a tradition in the district. It includes musical performances, a welcome from the superintendent, and a recognition of 25 year staff.16437516
The theme of this year's event was "Dreams." "We've been working on how do we maintain even in the most difficult of times in education today, how do we maintain a strong focus on the future and what we need to be doing and where we need to be going, and so we really focused on the dreams of kids today and what they want to be and where they want to go," said Superintendent Randy Nelson.
School starts next Tuesday for students in the La Crosse District.
- Taking one for the city: La Crosse boy cleans up skate park
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Onalaska High School students plan 5K for good cause
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building