LA CROSSE, WI - The La Crosse School District has a preliminary budget for this school year.
The school board talked about it at a meeting Monday night. However, they won't adopt a budget until the end of the month after a public hearing and learning what the district will get in state aid. "Our preliminary estimate on state aid was down considerably, down $2.4 million or looking at a percent, about an 8% reduction in state aid," said the district's Exec. Dir. of Business Services Janet Rosseter.
The public hearing on the preliminary budget is scheduled for October 21st.
Once the state aid is factored in, school officials will be able to determine what taxpayers will pay.22326222
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US
- Congress OKs bill averting Saturday gov't shutdown
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Young students urge high schoolers to be safe during prom
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting