LA CROSSE, WI - The La Crosse School District has a preliminary budget for this school year.
The school board talked about it at a meeting Monday night. However, they won't adopt a budget until the end of the month after a public hearing and learning what the district will get in state aid. "Our preliminary estimate on state aid was down considerably, down $2.4 million or looking at a percent, about an 8% reduction in state aid," said the district's Exec. Dir. of Business Services Janet Rosseter.
The public hearing on the preliminary budget is scheduled for October 21st.
Once the state aid is factored in, school officials will be able to determine what taxpayers will pay.22326222
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Wisconsin Democrats propose legalizing medical marijuana
- Pocan no longer attending inauguration
- Baldwin, Kind both attending inauguration while Pocan skips
- New faces breathe new life into debate on Sunday booze ban
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday