LA CROSSE, WI - Your chance to leave a mark on the new Northside Elementary school in La Crosse is here.
The district is taking suggestions of names for the new building.
The school board voted to call the project Northside Elementary, but never decided on a formal name.
A school official says they've already received 30 submissions. "It's an exciting time, with the new elementary school coming in on the northside, I think a lot of folks have a vested interest in the naming and to see the final product, and it's going to be something that's going to be in our community for years to come, so naming it is quite important," said Associate Superintendent Troy Harcey.
If you have a name idea for the new school, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have until Thursday, Oct. 17th at 5 p.m. to make your submission.22399650
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016