LA CROSSE, WI - Your chance to leave a mark on the new Northside Elementary school in La Crosse is here.
The district is taking suggestions of names for the new building.
The school board voted to call the project Northside Elementary, but never decided on a formal name.
A school official says they've already received 30 submissions. "It's an exciting time, with the new elementary school coming in on the northside, I think a lot of folks have a vested interest in the naming and to see the final product, and it's going to be something that's going to be in our community for years to come, so naming it is quite important," said Associate Superintendent Troy Harcey.
If you have a name idea for the new school, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have until Thursday, Oct. 17th at 5 p.m. to make your submission.22399650
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US