LA CROSSE, Wis. - Tuesday was a day to say thank you to all of our fine educators.
It was Teacher Appreciation Day in the La Crosse School District. And it was extra special for teachers using grant money from the La Crosse Public Education Foundation.
Board members toured the schools all day and visited those teachers in their classrooms.
They brought along a small gift as a token of appreciation for everything they do. "What we like to do is check in and appreciate what they do, ask them questions, engage them in the foundation, and above all say thanks for their terrific work. These are teachers that go above and beyond everyday of the year and this is a day we can say thanks," said the Executive Director of the La Crosse Public Education Foundation Timothy Riley.
At least one teacher in every school received a visit Tuesday.20055486
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse