LA CROSSE, Wis. - Tuesday was a day to say thank you to all of our fine educators.
It was Teacher Appreciation Day in the La Crosse School District. And it was extra special for teachers using grant money from the La Crosse Public Education Foundation.
Board members toured the schools all day and visited those teachers in their classrooms.
They brought along a small gift as a token of appreciation for everything they do. "What we like to do is check in and appreciate what they do, ask them questions, engage them in the foundation, and above all say thanks for their terrific work. These are teachers that go above and beyond everyday of the year and this is a day we can say thanks," said the Executive Director of the La Crosse Public Education Foundation Timothy Riley.
At least one teacher in every school received a visit Tuesday.20055486
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Pocan no longer attending inauguration