LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - La Crosse residents celebrated their neighborhoods Monday night.
The 2nd annual "Love your Neighborhood Family Social" gave community members a chance to share what they love about their neighborhood while getting to know their neighbors.
The event was put on by the La Crosse Neighborhood Revitalization Commission and Couleecap. It gave the guest lots of ways to celebrate their community.
People were entertained with story telling, live music, and door prizes.
The neighborhood get-together is something organizers say residents always look forward to. "People want to get a chance to know their neighbors and so we are trying to facilitate that. and it's not easy to do in the winter time, obviously it's so cold so this is an opportunity to get together," said the chair of the Neighborhood Revitalization Committee Sara Sullivan.
La Crosse Mayor Tim Kabat also made an appearance at the event.
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Local students compete in dairy cook off
- Cub scouts donate bird nest boxes to La Crosse marsh
- La Crosse Police policies to be assessed in accreditation process
- Excessive use of technology among youth raising concerns