LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - La Crosse residents celebrated their neighborhoods Monday night.
The 2nd annual "Love your Neighborhood Family Social" gave community members a chance to share what they love about their neighborhood while getting to know their neighbors.
The event was put on by the La Crosse Neighborhood Revitalization Commission and Couleecap. It gave the guest lots of ways to celebrate their community.
People were entertained with story telling, live music, and door prizes.
The neighborhood get-together is something organizers say residents always look forward to. "People want to get a chance to know their neighbors and so we are trying to facilitate that. and it's not easy to do in the winter time, obviously it's so cold so this is an opportunity to get together," said the chair of the Neighborhood Revitalization Committee Sara Sullivan.
La Crosse Mayor Tim Kabat also made an appearance at the event.
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota Gov. Dayton collapses during speech
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- WinCraft gets to work making Super Bowl merchandise
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser