LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - We're closer to learning who owns property at Forest Hills Golf Course, the proposed site of an added rail line.
The results from La Crosse's title search are back in town and that's being passed on to the city attorney to analyze.
The rail company wants to add four miles of track to expedite trains through part of the city. In the meantime, we learned Monday that BNSF is already working with public works on some of the changes.
Of the 30 or so crossings impacted by the potential second line, about 12 of them feature utilities like storm sewers.
"You know between that and manholes and all the other adjustments, that's really what they're working on now is those next steps to engineer some solutions for those crossings," said City of La Crosse Mayor Tim Kabat.
The mayor wasn't sure of a timeline, but expects analysis of the title search to take a few weeks.
The city is also waiting for cost estimates from BNSF.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death