LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - We're closer to learning who owns property at Forest Hills Golf Course, the proposed site of an added rail line.
The results from La Crosse's title search are back in town and that's being passed on to the city attorney to analyze.
The rail company wants to add four miles of track to expedite trains through part of the city. In the meantime, we learned Monday that BNSF is already working with public works on some of the changes.
Of the 30 or so crossings impacted by the potential second line, about 12 of them feature utilities like storm sewers.
"You know between that and manholes and all the other adjustments, that's really what they're working on now is those next steps to engineer some solutions for those crossings," said City of La Crosse Mayor Tim Kabat.
The mayor wasn't sure of a timeline, but expects analysis of the title search to take a few weeks.
The city is also waiting for cost estimates from BNSF.
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Suspect in Vernon Co. standoff in custody
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Giving Motherhood a microphone
- Vikings say goodbye to Adrian Peterson, will see him Week 1 vs Saints
- Why more people may be driving hybrid vehicles
- La Crosse Recycling Fair begins this Sunday
- ‘Youth & Government Day' offers students insight into local government