LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - In about two weeks kids will be putting on their back to school outfit.
In the mean time there are some things you can do to make sure they're ready for the first day.
The principal at Northwoods Elementary in La Crosse said the biggest part of school now is reading and parents should take time to read along with their kids everyday and make sure you get them back into a routine.
It's also a good idea to get in touch with their teacher through their own websites or email.
"Start just gradually working that bed time back to when they're going to need to get up during the school year, so they kind of get used to it gradually for a few days anyway or hopefully a week before school starts so they're in that routine so it's not such a shock to their system," said Northwoods International School Principal Sandy Brauer.
The first day of school in La Crosse is September 2.
- Wisconsin man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- GOP bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Hate crime lawsuit settled in northern Iowa
- Milwaukee Bucks settle lawsuit over cheerleader pay
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff