LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - In about two weeks kids will be putting on their back to school outfit.
In the mean time there are some things you can do to make sure they're ready for the first day.
The principal at Northwoods Elementary in La Crosse said the biggest part of school now is reading and parents should take time to read along with their kids everyday and make sure you get them back into a routine.
It's also a good idea to get in touch with their teacher through their own websites or email.
"Start just gradually working that bed time back to when they're going to need to get up during the school year, so they kind of get used to it gradually for a few days anyway or hopefully a week before school starts so they're in that routine so it's not such a shock to their system," said Northwoods International School Principal Sandy Brauer.
The first day of school in La Crosse is September 2.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death