LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - La Crosse police are warning the public about a potential scam involving callers who ask for bank account information in order to claim prize money.
Callers are claiming to be a representative from the Publisher's Clearing House and ask for bank account information in order to claim prize money, according to police.
The La Crosse County Sheriff's Department has also received similar complaints.
"We want to remind you to never give away your banking, personal, or other private information to a stranger over the phone," La Crosse police said on a post on La Crosse PD Newsroom Monday afternoon.
If you have any questions about this scam or any others, contact La Crosse police at (608) 789-7240.
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota Gov. Dayton collapses during speech
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- WinCraft gets to work making Super Bowl merchandise
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser