LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - La Crosse police are warning the public about a potential scam involving callers who ask for bank account information in order to claim prize money.
Callers are claiming to be a representative from the Publisher's Clearing House and ask for bank account information in order to claim prize money, according to police.
The La Crosse County Sheriff's Department has also received similar complaints.
"We want to remind you to never give away your banking, personal, or other private information to a stranger over the phone," La Crosse police said on a post on La Crosse PD Newsroom Monday afternoon.
If you have any questions about this scam or any others, contact La Crosse police at (608) 789-7240.
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US
- Congress OKs bill averting Saturday gov't shutdown
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Young students urge high schoolers to be safe during prom
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- GOP gets in lockstep in looming budget fight with Dayton
- Appeal rejected in death of 2 motorcyclists
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested
- Company says it has no plans for a new Wisconsin pipeline