LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A cable-style gun lock and a safety brochure are included in a free Project ChildSafe Safety Kit that's available to the public.
The La Crosse Police Department has partnered with the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) and the non-profit "Project ChildSafe" program to provide the Safety Kits to the public. It's a part of an effort to increase firearm awareness and safety.
To obtain a free Project ChildSafe Safety Kit, contact the La Crosse Police Department at (608) 789-7240 or the Wiebke Fur & Trading Company, 110 Rose Street in La Crosse, at (608) 784-4402.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.