LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A cable-style gun lock and a safety brochure are included in a free Project ChildSafe Safety Kit that's available to the public.
The La Crosse Police Department has partnered with the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) and the non-profit "Project ChildSafe" program to provide the Safety Kits to the public. It's a part of an effort to increase firearm awareness and safety.
To obtain a free Project ChildSafe Safety Kit, contact the La Crosse Police Department at (608) 789-7240 or the Wiebke Fur & Trading Company, 110 Rose Street in La Crosse, at (608) 784-4402.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US