LA CROSSE, Wis. - A La Crosse police officer was injured in a vehicle crash after a driver went through a red light on Wednesday night on Rose Street at Monitor Street.
The Wisconsin State Patrol says Officer Pond was driving an unmarked SUV through the intersection at a green light at 9:50 p.m. when a northbound vehicle did not stop at a red light and struck the officer's vehicle.
Officer Pond was transported to a local hospital with a possible neck injury. He was treated and released.
The driver of the vehicle that struck the officer's SUV received a minor cut on his finger. Trooper Gensmer of the Wisconsin State Patrol wrote up the crash. The driver who hit Officer Pond's vehicle was issued a ticket for failure to stop at a red light.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing