LA CROSSE, Wis. - A La Crosse police officer was injured in a vehicle crash after a driver went through a red light on Wednesday night on Rose Street at Monitor Street.
The Wisconsin State Patrol says Officer Pond was driving an unmarked SUV through the intersection at a green light at 9:50 p.m. when a northbound vehicle did not stop at a red light and struck the officer's vehicle.
Officer Pond was transported to a local hospital with a possible neck injury. He was treated and released.
The driver of the vehicle that struck the officer's SUV received a minor cut on his finger. Trooper Gensmer of the Wisconsin State Patrol wrote up the crash. The driver who hit Officer Pond's vehicle was issued a ticket for failure to stop at a red light.
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Bond reduced in university student death case
- Iowa man who broke baby daughter's bones gets probation
- Dispatchers receive call about possible homicide
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking