LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The La Crosse Police Department is working to improve its transparency through a new website.
The department is already active on Facebook and Twitter, but wanted to make its online presence more accessible.
They launched the website lacrossepd.org Tuesday.
Visitors to the site will be able to read special news features, see wanted people, and interact with the department. "We've tried to be as open as we can on anything, and if there's bad things that have happened, we're going to post them just like we've notified the media of all the prior things that have come up," said Sgt. Randy Rank.
Residents will be able to comment and give feedback on the website.
You can also sign up to have the updates sent to your email.
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Monday closings due to weather
- Tomah police asking for help following morning high-speed chase
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Local bar burglarized
- More than a dozen cell towers may go up in La Crosse
- Potential suicide spike in La Crosse County
- UPDATE: Suspect charged in Trempealeau County fatal crash
- Area youth group helps prepare for fundraiser