LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The La Crosse Police Department is working to improve its transparency through a new website.
The department is already active on Facebook and Twitter, but wanted to make its online presence more accessible.
They launched the website lacrossepd.org Tuesday.
Visitors to the site will be able to read special news features, see wanted people, and interact with the department. "We've tried to be as open as we can on anything, and if there's bad things that have happened, we're going to post them just like we've notified the media of all the prior things that have come up," said Sgt. Randy Rank.
Residents will be able to comment and give feedback on the website.
You can also sign up to have the updates sent to your email.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather