LA CROSSE, Wis. - Police are investigating a shooting in La Crosse.
Officers responded to a report of shots fired on the city's north side around 4:15 a.m. Sunday.
Police say 25 year old Nicole Hanson was shot in the foot after stepping outside of a party at her home at 1424 Rose street.
She was initially uncooperative with police and medical crews at the scene and a friend drove her to the hospital.
Police later interviewed her and determined a possible altercation took place with some people who showed up in the area of the party.
Anyone with information about the shooting should contact either the La Crosse Police Department at 785-5962 or La Crosse Area Crime Stoppers at 784-8477.17787060
- Local event helps connect military families
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Area couples prepare for wedding season