LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - La Crosse residents are learning about 'a day in the life' of a police officer.
The La Crosse Police Department kicked off its 8-week Citizen Police Academy Wednesday night.
The academy is a chance for residents to learn about general patrol tactics.
However, the class is more than just showing what an officer does on a day-to-day basis. Those taking part in the academy will be spending time at a shooting range, the jail, and at the dispatch center.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death