LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The La Crosse Police Department is taking time to recognize its officers and community members for going above and beyond the call of duty.
It's all part of the the department's annual awards ceremony.
One of the citizens honored actually pulled someone from a burning car.
Two officers were also recognized. One for his compassion with victims after a crime. The other had to perform CPR on someone after rescuing them from a pool.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.