LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The La Crosse Police Department is taking time to recognize its officers and community members for going above and beyond the call of duty.
It's all part of the the department's annual awards ceremony.
One of the citizens honored actually pulled someone from a burning car.
Two officers were also recognized. One for his compassion with victims after a crime. The other had to perform CPR on someone after rescuing them from a pool.
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US
- Congress OKs bill averting Saturday gov't shutdown
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Young students urge high schoolers to be safe during prom
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- GOP gets in lockstep in looming budget fight with Dayton
- Appeal rejected in death of 2 motorcyclists