LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - La Crosse police launched its newest social media tool, ‘La Crosse PD Newsroom' on Tuesday.
Lacrossepd.org will serve as a first-hand news source for information about the department, the city and the community.
"In the world of community policing, we've found that people enjoy learning about and interacting with their Police Department through convenient and accessible means such as Facebook and Twitter," Assistant La Crosse Police Chief Rob Abraham said. "While similar to these, the ‘La Crosse PD Newsroom' is available for people to read and comment on, without having to log-in."
The department says the site will also include "Most Wanted" criminals, department members, and other stories, pictures and videos. For automatic email notifications of the latest posts, visitors can sign-up under "Newsroom Notifications."
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather