LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - La Crosse police launched its newest social media tool, ‘La Crosse PD Newsroom' on Tuesday.
Lacrossepd.org will serve as a first-hand news source for information about the department, the city and the community.
"In the world of community policing, we've found that people enjoy learning about and interacting with their Police Department through convenient and accessible means such as Facebook and Twitter," Assistant La Crosse Police Chief Rob Abraham said. "While similar to these, the ‘La Crosse PD Newsroom' is available for people to read and comment on, without having to log-in."
The department says the site will also include "Most Wanted" criminals, department members, and other stories, pictures and videos. For automatic email notifications of the latest posts, visitors can sign-up under "Newsroom Notifications."
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Tomah police asking for help following morning high-speed chase
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Local bar burglarized
- Area youth group helps prepare for fundraiser
- Annual bridal expo prepares for wedding season
- More than a dozen cell towers may go up in La Crosse
- Potential suicide spike in La Crosse County
- UPDATE: Suspect charged in Trempealeau County fatal crash
- Area billion dollar company plans for joint venture