LA CROSSE, WI - Wednesday evening the Budget Parameter Committee met to set goals for the process.
Only one decision was made, which was to increase the tax levy by net new construction amount.
Now the committee is figuring out how to continue producing a balanced budget, and what additional fees and licenses or cuts it will take to get there.
"There's going to be cuts, but now it's really a matter of do we look at an across the board decrease or do we look at some targeted services or programs to get there," says Mayor Tim Kabat.
The group has a meeting scheduled next week to give further directions.
A tentative budget should be published October 20th.
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Tomah police asking for help following morning high-speed chase
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Local bar burglarized
- Area youth group helps prepare for fundraiser
- Annual bridal expo prepares for wedding season
- More than a dozen cell towers may go up in La Crosse
- Potential suicide spike in La Crosse County
- UPDATE: Suspect charged in Trempealeau County fatal crash
- Area billion dollar company plans for joint venture