LA CROSSE, WI - Wednesday evening the Budget Parameter Committee met to set goals for the process.
Only one decision was made, which was to increase the tax levy by net new construction amount.
Now the committee is figuring out how to continue producing a balanced budget, and what additional fees and licenses or cuts it will take to get there.
"There's going to be cuts, but now it's really a matter of do we look at an across the board decrease or do we look at some targeted services or programs to get there," says Mayor Tim Kabat.
The group has a meeting scheduled next week to give further directions.
A tentative budget should be published October 20th.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather