LA CROSSE, Wis. - La Crosse is once again getting some national recognition.
The city was named one of most exciting small cities in America by the Movoto Real Estate blog.
Out of ten cities chosen, La Crosse came in second.
The city was recognized for its night life, healthy lifestyles, and the number of younger residents living in the city.
Although it didn't come in first on the list, the ranking shows just how lucky we are to live in the area.
"Quite honestly, I think we're spoiled and many people don't even realize it how great we really have it here. So getting national recognition like this really is a neat thing for all of us because we do live in a really special area and the rest of the world is figuring it out," said the Exec. Dir. of the La Crosse Area Convention and Visitor's Bureau Dave Clements.
Hoboken, New Jersey finished first on the list while Chapel Hill, North Carolina came in third.
- Proposed bill aims to bring veterans into agriculture
- Wisconsin 2016 job gain smallest in 6 years
- Small school graduates four sets of twins
- La Crosse Loggers host open house at newly renovated Lumberyard
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- Wet weather delays crop planting
- La Crosse Central holds 95th Memorial Day ceremony
- Onalaska removing brick crosswalks on Highway 35
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 26, 2017
- La Crosse school officials prepare for Summer Food Service Program