LA CROSSE, Wis. - La Crosse is once again getting some national recognition.
The city was named one of most exciting small cities in America by the Movoto Real Estate blog.
Out of ten cities chosen, La Crosse came in second.
The city was recognized for its night life, healthy lifestyles, and the number of younger residents living in the city.
Although it didn't come in first on the list, the ranking shows just how lucky we are to live in the area.
"Quite honestly, I think we're spoiled and many people don't even realize it how great we really have it here. So getting national recognition like this really is a neat thing for all of us because we do live in a really special area and the rest of the world is figuring it out," said the Exec. Dir. of the La Crosse Area Convention and Visitor's Bureau Dave Clements.
Hoboken, New Jersey finished first on the list while Chapel Hill, North Carolina came in third.
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota Gov. Dayton collapses during speech
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- WinCraft gets to work making Super Bowl merchandise
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser