LA CROSSE, Wis. - La Crosse is once again getting some national recognition.
The city was named one of most exciting small cities in America by the Movoto Real Estate blog.
Out of ten cities chosen, La Crosse came in second.
The city was recognized for its night life, healthy lifestyles, and the number of younger residents living in the city.
Although it didn't come in first on the list, the ranking shows just how lucky we are to live in the area.
"Quite honestly, I think we're spoiled and many people don't even realize it how great we really have it here. So getting national recognition like this really is a neat thing for all of us because we do live in a really special area and the rest of the world is figuring it out," said the Exec. Dir. of the La Crosse Area Convention and Visitor's Bureau Dave Clements.
Hoboken, New Jersey finished first on the list while Chapel Hill, North Carolina came in third.
- Holmen homicide suspect pleads guilty in 2015 murder
- Turnout hits 8 percent in Wisconsin superintendent race
- Powerball jackpot tops $400 million for 1st time in months
- Businesses gather for discussion on possible new tax
- Students learn robotics at Trane in La Crosse
- The guitar that will build a La Crosse home
- Representative Kind hears from local voters in La Crosse
- Iowa House panel OKs medical marijuana oil bill
- Minnesota man gets 2 year sentence for lying in terror case
- Email shows Holtz was counting on 'reform group' to help