LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - La Crosse is one of the best small cities for veterans to start a new life.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics put the city third on its latest list. It factored in places with low unemployment and high job growth across nearly 400 areas.
A veteran advocate says it just makes sense to hire veterans since they're dependable, strong, and prompt. That's something our area has come to recognize.
"There's a lot of veterans and people, whether they're a veteran or not, have a positive thought about veterans," Christopher Coleman, a Disabled Veteran's Outreach Program Specialist with the Department of Workforce Development.
The study also factored in access to healthcare and education.22749092
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Monday closings due to weather
- UPDATE: Tomah police believe they captured the suspects involved in a high speed chase Sunday
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Local bar burglarized
- More than a dozen cell towers may go up in La Crosse
- Potential suicide spike in La Crosse County
- UPDATE: Suspect charged in Trempealeau County fatal crash
- Area youth group helps prepare for fundraiser