LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A national ranking is pushing La Crosse back in the spotlight.
La Crosse emerged from a 64-town bracket style tournament in 11th place. The magazine recognized La Crosse for its food scene, location, and its outdoor culture.
For some, the ranking comes as no surprise.
"At least once a year somebody is recognizing this region as a great place to visit or a great place to live and we're spoiled and I guess sometimes we don't even know it," Dave Clements, Executive Director of the La Crosse Area Visitor's Bureau.
More than 1.5 million votes were casts in the tournament. Duluth, Minnesota ended up in first place. For a full list of best cities in a America, check out September's issue of Outside Magazine, or visit its website.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest