LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A national ranking is pushing La Crosse back in the spotlight.
La Crosse emerged from a 64-town bracket style tournament in 11th place. The magazine recognized La Crosse for its food scene, location, and its outdoor culture.
For some, the ranking comes as no surprise.
"At least once a year somebody is recognizing this region as a great place to visit or a great place to live and we're spoiled and I guess sometimes we don't even know it," Dave Clements, Executive Director of the La Crosse Area Visitor's Bureau.
More than 1.5 million votes were casts in the tournament. Duluth, Minnesota ended up in first place. For a full list of best cities in a America, check out September's issue of Outside Magazine, or visit its website.
- Viterbo celebrates one year of 'Service Saturdays'
- New safety measures on the way to Norplex Drive after recent creek death
- Rep. Walz mulling Democratic bid for Minnesota governor
- Gundersen program helps mothers, parents with drug addictions
- Wisconsin attorney general appeals redistricting ruling
- News 8 Highlight Zone - February 25, 2017
- Area church making capes for kids in pediatric ward
- VITA program helping people file their taxes
- La Crosse Children's Museum celebrates 18 years
- Lawmakers push bill to address dropped rural cellphone calls