LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A national ranking is pushing La Crosse back in the spotlight.
La Crosse emerged from a 64-town bracket style tournament in 11th place. The magazine recognized La Crosse for its food scene, location, and its outdoor culture.
For some, the ranking comes as no surprise.
"At least once a year somebody is recognizing this region as a great place to visit or a great place to live and we're spoiled and I guess sometimes we don't even know it," Dave Clements, Executive Director of the La Crosse Area Visitor's Bureau.
More than 1.5 million votes were casts in the tournament. Duluth, Minnesota ended up in first place. For a full list of best cities in a America, check out September's issue of Outside Magazine, or visit its website.
- La Crosse Police urge boaters to be safe over weekend
- De Soto student in custody for school threat
- Monroe Co. man avoids prison for shooting mother
- Rail tank car helps first responders prepare in case of derailment
- Locomotive engine oil spill in Jackson county
- Tomah VA, Fort McCoy team up for Memorial Day 5K
- Iowa man accused of stealing from ailing dad gets probation
- Wisconsin woman jumps on hood of her SUV to prevent theft
- Parents of malnourished teen found dead plead not guilty
- The Latest: Teen plane crash survivor in serious condition