LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - The mayor is thanking everyone who goes the extra mile.
Tim Kabat was one of hundreds of mayors across the country marking the day.
The nationwide movement recognizes all people who work to create a positive change in their community.
It's as simple as offering a neighbor a friendly smile, helping at one of the non-profits or volunteering at events throughout the year.
The mayor hopes by celebrating these people, more will come forward to make a difference. "One thing today, maybe one additional action today to help somebody else or to do just a random act of kindness or whatever," said Mayor Kabat.
The mayor hopes to recognize specific outstanding volunteers on this day in the future.22766548
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Excessive use of technology among youth raising concerns
- CSAs connecting fresh produce to consumers
- La Crosse 12-year-old to clean up skate park with community help
- Thousands honored in La Crosse for volunteering