LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - The mayor is thanking everyone who goes the extra mile.
Tim Kabat was one of hundreds of mayors across the country marking the day.
The nationwide movement recognizes all people who work to create a positive change in their community.
It's as simple as offering a neighbor a friendly smile, helping at one of the non-profits or volunteering at events throughout the year.
The mayor hopes by celebrating these people, more will come forward to make a difference. "One thing today, maybe one additional action today to help somebody else or to do just a random act of kindness or whatever," said Mayor Kabat.
The mayor hopes to recognize specific outstanding volunteers on this day in the future.22766548
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Monday closings due to weather
- Tomah police asking for help following morning high-speed chase
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Local bar burglarized
- More than a dozen cell towers may go up in La Crosse
- Potential suicide spike in La Crosse County
- UPDATE: Suspect charged in Trempealeau County fatal crash
- Area youth group helps prepare for fundraiser